Recognition of Russian qualifications abroad


A person may apply for validation at any Austrian university or university of applied sciences, respectively, which offers comparable studies, which means several institutions in many cases. Where the person submits his/her application is his/her choice. The same application for validation, however, can be submitted only to one institution.

    Which documents must be submitted?
  • Passport;
  • Proof of the status of the foreign university or other institution of post-secondary education;
  • Detailed documents on the foreign studies, such as curriculum, transcript, study guide, examination certificates, scientific research papers, leaving certificates, …;
  • A document evidencing that the studies have been completed and the academic degree has been awarded;
  • Proof that the validation is a necessary (regulated by law, or generally statuted by an employer) prerequisite to exercise a certain profession;
  • Declaration on the professional activity which is intended by the applicant.

All documents must be submitted either in the original or in attested copies; the diploma document always in the original. Documents in languages other than German must be accompanied by certified German translations. All foreign documents must be legalised, provided that this is required by international agreements. – We recommend that before submitting their application applicants contact the competent authority (see above) to make sure that the required documents are complete

More details


The procedures for evaluating and recognizing qualifications earned outside Canada will depend on whether you wish to enter an occupation or pursue further studies, whether your chosen occupation is regulated or non-regulated, and the province/territory in which you intend to settle. For the purpose of this document, occupations will refer to both professions and trades. As a general rule, if your chosen occupation is regulated, the recognition of qualifications will be determined by the appropriate provincial or territorial regulatory body, while for a non-regulated occupation, recognition is normally at the discretion of the employer.


The applicant pursuing the approval of a foreign professional qualification should apply directly to the competent authority of the corresponding regulated professional activity. The main task of the competent authority is to compare, according to the law, the professional qualification of the applicant with the professional qualification required in Estonia for working in the regulated profession, and to decide whether the applicant has the right to work in the given regulated profession in Estonia.

    The applicant must submit to the competent authority the completed application form together with the following documents:
  • copy of the page in the identity document with the personal data;
  • copy of the receipt confirming the payment of state duty;
  • document(s) confirming the foreign professional qualification (diploma, non-higher education diploma, certificate, attestation of competence) or a certified copy;
  • other documents required by the competent authority The competent authority has the right, if necessary, to request translations of any foreign-language documents.

The competent authority reviews the application, makes a decision and informs the applicant of this within four months from the date of submission of the application and the documentation as prescribed by law. The decision by the competent authority must be formalized as an administrative act which explains the decision and the procedures for lodging an appeal. The competent body may require an applicant to take an aptitude test or complete an adaptation period of up to six months, whereas the applicant may choose one or the other, if significant differences become apparent in the evaluation process. The applicant has the right to appeal to the Ministry of Education and Research or to the administrative court.

More information


The Finnish National Board of Education (FNBE) decides on the eligibility provided by foreign qualifications for civil service posts in Finland and functions as the National Academic Recognition Information Centre.
In Finland, decisions on recognition of qualifications are made by the following bodies:
The FNBE decides on the eligibility conferred by foreign qualifications for civil service posts in Finland.
Field-specific authorities decide on granting professional practice rights (Regulated professions in Finland).
Private sector employers assess the competence conferred by a foreign qualification themselves when deciding on employee recruitment when practising the profession is not subject to a statutory requirement concerning education or professional experience.
Higher education institutions and other educational institutions decide on the eligibility conferred by foreign qualifications for further studies and on the recognition of studies completed abroad towards a qualification to be taken in Finland. On request, the FNBE provides higher education institutions with advice on questions relating to academic recognition.

More information


    Documents required for a certificate of recognition
  • Photocopy of the qualification certificate(s) in the original language (Do not send originals)
  • Photocopy of the translation of the qualification certificate, done by a sworn translator (in France, a list of sworn translators is available at the town hall, prefecture and tribunal d’instance [magistrates' court]), or an official translation from the authorities in the country of issue
  • Photocopy of a document showing proof of the official duration of the studies leading to the qualification(s) (this may be a diploma supplement, marks sheets, certificates of attendance, etc.)
  • Photocopy of the translation of these documents, done by a sworn translator, or an official translation from the authorities in the country of issue
  • Letter giving your address, telephone number and email address, explaining the reason for your request for a certificate of recognition (looking for a job, enrolling at a training institution, etc.)
  • Photocopy of an official identity document
  • For asylum seekers and refugees: document showing proof of the application for asylum or of the decision of the OFPRA (Office Français de Protection des Réfugiés et Apatrides, or French office for the protection of refugees and stateless persons)

More information


The recognition of the level of the qualification and the professional qualification testified by it belongs to the sphere of competence of the Hungarian Equivalence and Information Centre (Hungarian ENIC) within the Educational Authority, while the nostrification of scientific degrees is done by the Hungarian higher education institutions. The only exception is the recognition of the foreign Candidate of Science and Doctor of Science degrees under international agreements. For further information see Point II. 6.
The resolution on the recognition of the level of qualification determines which Hungarian qualification is equivalent to the foreign degree, thus, whether the foreign degree is equivalent to a Hungarian alapfokozat (Bachelor degree) or mesterfokozat (Master degree), or to a qualification obtainable at postgraduate specialist training.
The resolution on the recognition of professional qualification declares the professional qualification testified by the foreign degree identical to a professional qualification testified by a HungarianBachelor or Master degree, or to professional qualification obtainable at postgraduate specialist training (for example: lawyer, general practitioner, civil engineer, etc.).

More information


The professions that are not regulated by law can be practised without specific qualification and they are open to people holding both Italian and foreign qualifications.
In the Italian labour market, it is not necessary to obtain legal recognition of foreign qualification to practice professions that are not regulated by law.
Some examples of this first type of professions are: roles in advertising, marketing and communication, in arts and music: such as interior designer, actor/actress, dancer, singer, composer, conductor, musician, decorator, designer, fashion designer, painter, director, stage designer, sculptor, etc.; as well as roles in the field of linguistic mediation such as interpreters and translators and in many other sectors.
In any case, it could be useful to attach to the foreign qualification, the statement of validity (Dichiarazione di Valore in loco - DV) or any other type of official document describing the main features of the foreign degree: such a document could represent a valid support for the employer to better understand the candidate's qualification.
In order to practice a profession regulated by law, it is required to hold a degree and to meet all necessary qualifications for the practice of the profession, such as work experience and/or the professional licence obtained by taking State examinations, as well as knowledge of the professional ethics.
The practice of such professions is safeguarded by law and it is reserved only to those people authorized to practice the profession, in compliance with the regulations for the type of profession in question. In order to be authorized to practice a profession, applicants holding a foreign professional qualification must obtain the official acknowledgement by the competent Italian authority.

More information

New Zealand

International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) is a full assessment of qualifications gained outside New Zealand. This tells you which New Zealand qualifications are similar to those you have gained. This is done by comparing your qualification with those on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF). The IQA will also tell you the level of learning outcome your qualification represents on the NZQF.
If NZQA cannot match your qualification to a New Zealand qualification, your qualification will be compared to a level on the NZQF.

More information


ENIC-NARIC Poland is a national information centre responsible for the recognition of foreign credentials for both academic and professional purposes. Operating within the Department of Higher Education Organization and Supervision of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, ENIC-NARIC Poland performs the following tasks:

  • gives opinions and information on documents of higher education obtained abroad
  • provides information on the recognition procedures of foreign education in Poland
  • assists those who wish to seek recognition of Polish educational credentials abroad
  • provides general information on the recognition professional qualifications

More information