First of all do not forget to fill out a questionnaire and receive a barcode (application number) in the terminal hall in office or online.
According to Russian legislation the following persons may be applicants for the procedure of recognition of foreign educational certificates:
- the certificates owners;
- the legal representatives of the certificates owners;
- the agents who operate basing on the letters of attorney, which they get from certificates owners or their legal representative. The letters of attorney should meet the Russian legislation.
The letter of attorney may be certified by:
- the notary;
- the officials of the educational institution or army or hospital and etc. In this the document confirming that the certificate owner is studying in the educational institution or serving in the army or treated in the hospital and etc. should be attached.
We recommend using the following text in that part of the letter of attorney, which specifies the powers of the agent:
«действовать от моего имени и совершать все необходимые действия, связанные с процедурой признания на территории Российской Федерации моего(их) документа об уровне образования и (или) квалификации при обращении в Федеральную службу по надзору в сфере образования и науки (Рособрнадзор) и Федеральное государственное бюджетное учреждение «Главный государственный экспертный центр оценки образования» (ФГБУ «Главэкспертцентр»), в том числе получить оригинал моего(их) документа об уровне образования и (или) квалификации, свидетельство о признании документа иностранного государства об уровне образования и (или) квалификации на территории Российской Федерации или уведомление об отказе в выдаче свидетельства о признании, получить дубликат свидетельства о признании или уведомление об отказе в выдаче дубликата свидетельства о признании, оплатить государственную пошлину за выдачу свидетельства о признании, заявлять требования о возврате государственной пошлины, получать из бюджета денежные средства, подлежащие перечислению по возврату государственной пошлины».
Please notice, that due to Russian legislation about notaries it’s necessary to have the requisites of the passports of agents in the letter of attorney.
In accordance with legislation the applicants for the procedure of recognition of foreign educational certificates have to submit the following set of documents as well as application form:
- the original of educational certificate;
- the original of educational certificate’s supplement (in case if issuing certificates with supplement is required by legislation of country where the certificate was issued);
If the originals are submitted personally, the documents will be given back immediately after checking in office. If the originals are sent by mail you can take the documents back either after checking or after recognition procedure. If the originals are submitted through «Mail box», which is located in the office, the documents will be given back no earlier than 10 working days as well as the receipt about receiving the set of documents.
Please notice that the serial number written in the certificate must match the number specified in the supplement.
- a copy of the personal identification document of applicant (generally passport) as well as a notary certified translation this document into Russian (if this document is not in Russian);
- if the set of documents is submitted by agents based on letter of attorney it’s needed to apply a copy of the personal identification document of certificates owner as well as a notary certified translation this document into Russian (if this document is not in Russian);
- a copy of educational certificate as well as a notary certified translation of this document into Russian (if this document is not completely in Russian);
- a copy of educational certificates supplement (in case if issuing certificates with supplement is required by legislation of country where the certificate was issued) as well as a notary certified translation this document into Russian (if this document is not completely in Russian);
Notarization of documents can be made only by notaries of the Russian Federation. Exceptions are cases when Russia has an agreement on legal assistance with the country in which the educational certificate was issued.
Please notice that we DO NOT ACCEPT the translations sewn to the originals.
You may also need the following documents:
- The document about the changed name and (or) surname;
For example, if in the educational certificate is specified premarital surname it is needed to submit a copy of marriage certificate as well as a notary certified translation of this document into Russian (if this document is not in Russian).
- Desirable, but not necessary:
- a copy and translation into Russian of your previous education certificate (in case of recognition of higher educational certificate). This may be a secondary education certificate or bachelor diploma or etc.;
- statement from the educational institution confirming the fact of issuing the educational certificate as well as the details of finished educational program (studying period, the number of credits or other);
- a copies of license and (or) accreditation of educational institution and (or) finished educational program;
- other documents that you suppose are necessary to apply.