Managing skills in a time of disruption
© All rights reserved
Organized with the support of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), UNESCO-UNEVOC’s TVET Learning Forum on ‘Managing skills in a time of disruption’ examines the challenges and opportunities facing Technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions and systems, particularly in light of ongoing digital, climatic, and demographic disruptions.
At a recent international conference in Tangshan in 2017, UNESCO put a spotlight on the factors shaping the future TVET landscape. Rapid technological developments, changes in climate, and demographic changes including migration are affecting the way we work, live and learn. At the global level, the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda is affecting the way development is pursued.
The Forum seeks to:
- Discuss the challenges around major disruptions as consequences of digitization, climate change, and displacement of people and demographic change;
- Examine their implications for institutions engaged in delivering TVET and skills programmes;
- Showcase system-level and institutional strategies, new knowledge generated, capacitation initiatives and their outcomes as building blocks for mutual learning;
- Raise awareness about TVET collaboration projects in the UNEVOC Network;
- Share UNESCO and UNEVOC new initiatives for supporting improved skills response.
|Type of Event||Category 8-Symposium|
|Start||23.05.2018 08:00 local time|
|End||26.05.2018 13:00 local time|
|Date to be fixed||0|
|Focal point||Barrientos, Kenneth Abraham|
|Venue||UN Campus, Bonn, Germany|
|Street||Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1|
|Permanent Delegation Contact|
|Language of Event||English, French|
|Estimated number of participants||120|
|Link 1||Forum web site|
|Link 2||Skills for work and life|